Sunday 19 October 2008

Letter two.

Dear Mr. Izzard,

Some friends had a house warming this weekend. I always worry about gatherings like that, because even though they are your friends and you get along and like each other, it doesn’t necessarily mean that you will get along with or like all the other friends they have invited. You belong to different crowds, and there are no guarantees of success when you are all put in the same room. It went well though. It was a very pleasant evening. But hey, I can only like anyone who wants to join me in a couple of rounds of Sing Star. You can’t really go wrong with that.


The only problem with going to parties is the late hour in which you get to sleep. I don’t drink much, but I actually might as well get plastered because if I don’t get my eight hours of sleep, I have ruined the next day anyway. I don’t understand people who can sleep four-five hours and be as fresh as a fiddle the next day. I sleep eight hours, and still struggle to get out of bed. It is weird because in one way I am a total a-person that likes to get up early, and make good use of the day and not sleep it away, and at the same time I love sitting up in the evenings, and watch a movie or do some work or whatever. Those two things unfortunately are not very compatible. I should be one of those persons that could do with four hours of sleep. Do you think that is something you can train? That you can teach your body to have the same amount of energy on less sleep? I mean, you can train your stomach to be smaller, it is hard but it is possible. If you start eating less at each meal, just so you are not hungry anymore, your stomach will adjust to that and sort of shrink to fit the new ‘measurement’. Of course, it only takes one meal of over eating to stretch it straight back to the old big shape again, so you need to be very disciplined. Not sure it would work with sleep, and I must admit I am bit afraid of trying. Trust me; you don’t want to be anywhere near me if I am tired or hungry! GRUMPY!


Just heard today that Colin Powell is supporting Obama. I like that! And I also agree with him that Sarah Palin is not a very good candidate for the vice presidency (to say it nicely). Is there anyone on this planet that actually can take that woman seriously? But like a friend of mine said; in one way it would be great if she became the vice president, because you would always have something to talk about, someone to slag off and someone to hate. That’s quite human I guess. It is the same as wanting to watch War of the Worlds a second time just so you can bitch about how crap it is.

Well, I hope you are doing fine Mr. Izzard.
Until next time.


No comments: