Wednesday 15 October 2008

Letter one.

Dear Mr. Izzard,


I was thinking today, about two pen pals I had when I was younger. One was a boy who lived in Korea, and the other was a girl from Japan. I can't quite remember how I got in touch with either of them, but I think it was through one of those teenager magazines I read at the time. And as far as I can remember, I think the reason - at least one of the reasons - for having a pen pal abroad was so you could practice your English. Now I can't quite see why you would get a pen pal from Japan/Korea if you wanted to practice your English, or rather, your Engrish, but hey it seems to have worked. I don't think kids today have pen pals, unless it is through Facebook or something like that. I must ask my niece, she is thirteen she should know.

Anyhow, I was thinking of these two pen pals of mine (and I can't even remember their names anymore, sadly), and I thought it would be so cool to have a pen pal now. And since I can't remember the names of my two previous ones I thought I should find a new one, and I thought it might as well be someone I would probably like getting letters from, someone funny and entertaining. So here we are Mr. Izzard, my first letter to you.

You live in America at the moment right? What about that election hey! Very exciting I think. I haven’t seen the last presidential debate yet, but according to the newspapers over here in Europe Obama ‘won’ over McCain. Now that’s something I like to hear. Hopefully that’s what they will say the 4th of November too. America has such a big influence on the rest of the world, which the current financial crisis is good proof of, so I think it would be fair if everyone could vote in the American election. I mean the rest of the world. Don’t you think? It could be a totally separate thing, and it didn’t even necessarily have to count in the ‘actual’ election, but at least the person who won would know if the rest of the world agreed with the Americans or not. And that could be pretty useful, I would say. I mean, when George Bush comes to Europe and freaks Mrs. Merkel out, by giving her a back rub on open cameras, everybody knows that’s not right. Except Mr. Bush. He is a twat, and everybody knows it, except Mr. Bush himself. But if the Europeans had voted he could look at the numbers and go; hey, what’s up with this?!? He probably wouldn’t loose any sleep over it and put it down to the ignorance of those damn Europeans, what do they know anyway! But it would be statistical proof for those of us with half a brain or more that George Bush is a twat.

Well enough politics for now. I won’t bore you any longer, and will go on with my day. I hope this letter finds you well.

Best regards, until next time.


No comments: