Monday 17 November 2008

Letter seven.

Dear Mr. Izzard,

What do you do when you’re mad as hell, and need to let off some steam? Today I was so angry I didn’t know what to do with myself. I woke up angry. I won’t get into boring details of why I was angry, but jump straight to the more interesting part of how I got rid of it.

First I decided to go for a walk to get some air. I took my camera with (I always have my camera with, just in case), and started walking with no particular direction in mind. I just took right, after crossing the bridge over the canal. Fresh air has a strange way of messing with your brain. All the scrambled annoyed thoughts you have cluttered up in there, somehow fall into place, in a nice orderly row, and you can make sense of them. I hadn’t even walked more than 200 meters before I had everything sorted out in my head.
Then when I got home I could start on part two of my anger venting. I have mentioned before that music is very important to me, and that was what part two consisted of. Loud, angry, heavy music.
First a bit of Metallica. Their new album Death Magnetic is brilliant. And if you need to vent, it is perfect for the purpose. Then some Rollins Band. I like his old stuff in particular. Weight is a great album. And my all time favourite is Liar, which I remember they played on MTV, in the days when they played music on MTV… The video for that song is hilarious, particularly towards the end when Henry is wearing a nun costume or outfit or uniform or whatever it is called (What is it called? I need to Google that). Anyway, by now all my anger has disappeared, and I know exactly what I need to do in order to deal with my problems.
So what is the perfect end to the process? Sex and the City – the movie, of course. Yep, from Metallica and Henry Rollins, to Carrie Bradshaw. From loud angry men, to stylish love-confused women. Maybe not the most obvious cure for anger, but hey if it works it works!

Take care. Until next time.

2 comments:

Xenia said...

Hi Letters To Mr. Izzard,
Thanks so much for linking to ZOOZOOM! We hope you can make it to our next fashion party and meet our staff and fashion friends. Our next Fashion Wars Party is January 29th. If you would like to vote or attend, e-mail me at xenia [at] zoozoom [dot] com.

Feel free to comment back on our Staff Blog. We love to hear from our friends.

*Xenia

Xenia said...

EVENT :: FASHION WARS LIVE presented by ZOOZOOM MAGAZINE
DATE :: Thursday, Jan 29th
TIME :: 9 PM - Late
VENUE :: Ultra Lounge (http://www.theultranyc.com), 37 West 26th Street, New York (6th Ave. / Broadway)

Description :: Come get your picture taken by a fashion photographer and have it published online in real time, where people at the party and around the world choose their favorite look online. The perfect place for designers to show off their newest creations, and their fans and fashionistas to have a turn in the lights. Winner gets a spread in ZOOZOOM magazine. Goodies and treats provided by Dru New York, Yestadt Millinery and Rebel Dance. $10 For more info :: http://fashionwars.com

BANDS :: Tall Firs, Revival Times
GUEST ARTIST :: Anne Kyle
DJs :: Kelley Hoffman, $mall¢hange, WFMU
RSVP :: rsvp@zoozoom.com
PRESS CONTACT :: Xenia Viray, 315 W. 39th St., Studio #711, New York, NY 10018, 212.629.7335